Sorry, peepz. I was inspired by Karen Cushman.
1. Star sign: Scorpio. I’m supposed to be all passionate about everything. I suppose I am.
2. Favorite food: Pizza, salad, and spam musubi.
3. Favorite music: Have you ever heard Van Cliburn before? You must. He’s the most brilliant human being on Earth. I love all sorts of music, but I don’t listen to it much when I write.
4. Pet: Cricket and Olive. My husband, Toby, loves Olive more than he does Cricket, which is frankly heartbreaking. But it kind of makes sense, as Olive is charming and Cricket eats clothing.
5. Weird things I love: Green smoothies, research, vintage underpinnings.
6. Favorite books: Anything by Laura Ingalls Wilder and other well-written historical fiction, anything by Karen Cushman except Rodzina, everything.
7. Favorite fantasy: Doing everything all at once.
8. Dislikes: Stupid people who don’t want to learn.
9. Best subject at school: Let’s be honest, I was amazing at everything. I don’t know how. Probably English.
10. Subject I wished I’d studied harder: Computer science.
11. Favorite past job: Yeah, I sold out to the man, but I loved working at The Gap.
12. Biggest surprise about me: I’m really, really, really boring when I’m at home just relaxing.
13. Thing I like best about writing: LOL oh that’s right, this is a writer’s survey. I only write when I make blog posts and complete National Board entries.
14. Favorite holiday: Halloween. Although lately I really like telling people that if they pinch their classmates on St. Patrick’s Day, they are insulting my heritage.
15. Heroes: Amelia Earhart, Eleanor Roosevelt, Richard Feynman.
16. What I wanted to be when I grew up: Actor, author, physicist, inventor.
17. Things I love: Cats, restfulness, laughter, surprises.
18. Favorite sport: Baseball.
19. Favorite TV show: The West Wing, CSI, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, How I Met Your Mother.
20. Biggest fault: I GET SO UPSET WHEN PEOPLE ARE STUPID. My patience is limited.